How to Add to Instagram Highlight
How to add to instagram highlight? We all know that Instagram stories disappear in 24 hours. And, in order to give the option for the users to save some of the stories and make them visible as a pin in their profile, Instagram has provided a feature called Highlights. The feature allows you to keep your stories content on your instagram feed as long as you want.
Instagram Highlights are groups of stories that you can create as folder sections on your Instagram profiles.
This means that once you post a story you can save it in a Highlight (like a folder) that will display on your Instagram profile, or you can activate the Archive option that will automatically save instagram stories and in the future create highlights from the saved stories in your archive.
The main attributes of the Highlights are:
- Highlights covers – option to add a custom image or an icon that will represent the topic of the stories that are saved inside;
- Highlights name – option to name the Highlight the same as you do with naming folders.
Note that, once you create the Highlights they appear in your Instagram profile screen right below your bio text and profile photo.
How to add to Instagram Highlight?
As mentioned above, you have two ways how to create an Instagram Story Highlights:
- Create Highlight from the active story – Post a story and manually save it in a Highlight
- Create Highlight from archived stories – If you have the Archive option activated, your stories will save automatically in your archive section, and in the future, you can choose which stories to be organized in a Highlight.
Let me show you how to create a Highlight with the first option:
how to add to Highlight from the active story
If you have an active story and you want to make sure this story is added to a Highlight just follow these steps:
- Tap on the active story to view it
- Tap the bottom option Highlight
- Tap the plus icon to create new Highlight
- Enter the name of the new Highlight
- Tap the blue buttons Add
How to add more stories in a current Highlight
You can add more photos or videos to your highlight at any time by following these steps:
- Go to your profile and hold your finger pressed on the Highlight you want to edit
- Tap Edit Highlight
- Choose the stories you want to add and tap Done
Also in this ‘Edit Highlight’ screen, it’s text and it’s the cover image. And if you want to delete the Highlight, just press and hold on to the Highlight you want to delete and choose the option ‘Delete Highlight’.
READ ALSO: How to Make a TikTok Using Green Screen
How to design Instagram Highlights Cover Icons
As for your other social media and instagram feed, you can also design your own free icons for your Instagram stories.
For this challenge, I will definitely recommend canva
It is a very easy tool and it already has predefined icons that you can easily re-use to make Instagram highlights covers.
You will only need to follow the steps below, and in a very fast time you will be able to create your highlight covers:
- Open Canva and click Create a design
- Choose the Instagram story format
- Choose any template, delete its content and change thebackground color.
- Go to Elements and in the search field type icon. Choose the preferred icon, set it in the middle and choose its color
- Share this design to your email and save it to your phone’s camera roll
Once you want to change the cover, just choose this icon from your phone’s camera roll.
How to display Instagram Highlight on your website?
Once you are done crafting your unique Instagram highlights, why not show your creativity on your website too?
Please note that at this moment Instagram does not have an API that will allow third-party tools to directly sync the websites with your Instagram Highlights.
This means that you can embed instagram highlights but only for the stories that are already generated in the EmbedStories.
The archived stories can be uploaded manually by using the upload option for a custom story that you can later add to your stories Highlights menu.
2 thoughts on “How to Add to Instagram Highlight”