Hard drive size is important for every PC user. It’s important to know how much space an operating system takes up and what hard drive size a computer needs in order to install it. Since most computers have a limited amount of space, you need to get an understanding of what hard drive size your PC will take so that you can plan ahead. To find out the hard drive size windows 10 follow the steps given below:
What is hard drive size windows 10?
Hard drive size is the amount of data a hard drive can store at one time. The size of a hard drive will depend on the capacity of the drive itself and the data stored on it. The following are the different capacity options available on a hard drive:
– Capacity – This refers to the capacity of the hard drive in MB or GB. It’s measured in decimal measurements. For example, 500 GB would be 0.005 TB or 5 TB.
– Sectors per Track – This refers to the distance between two data tracks on a hard drive. It’s measured in millimetres.
– Sectors per Sector – This is how many sectors are in a hard drive. It’s measured in decimal measurements. For example, 1 TB would be 1 000 000 000 bytes or 1 000 MB.
How to find out hard drive size in Windows 10?
There are several ways to find out the hard drive size in Windows 10. Follow the steps below to find out the hard drive size of your PC.
1. Enter the “ Storage ” option in Control Panel.
2. Click “ View Storage ” under Storage option.
3. Under the “ View Storage ” window, click “ Disk Management ”.
4. In the left-side pane, right-click the “ Disk ” option and select “ Properties ” from the context menu.
5. In the “ General ” tab, find the “ Capacity ” section. The size will be shown in MB or GB.
Finding hard drive size with Windows disk management tool
You can also find out the size of the hard drive from “ Disk Management ” tool in Windows 10. Follow these steps to find out the hard drive size from Disk Management tool:
1. Press Win+X keys together to launch the “ Command Prompt ” tool. Type “ diskmgmt.msc ” and hit Enter key to open Disk Management tool.
2. In the left-side pane, right-click the “ Disk ” option and select “ Properties ” from the context menu.
3. In the “ General ” tab, find the size of the disk in MB or GB.
Diskpart command-line tool for Windows
If you’re looking for a command-line tool to view the size of hard drives and partitions, Diskpart tool is the one you should use. You can find diskpart.exe in the %Windir%\system32\ directory. Here are some examples to find out the size of the hard drive with diskpart command: \\192.168.0.100\diskpart \\192.168.0.100\dir
A computer’s hard drive is one of its most important features. Knowing which hard drive size your computer requires can help you save a lot of money over time by buying a new computer with less hard drive space.
We recommend you to use the Disk Management tool to find out the size of your hard drive. This is because it displays all the drives connected to your PC and the size of each drive.
And if you want to make sure that your hard drive can handle the operating system that you want to install, you should first make sure that your hard drive can store the operating system (the size of the hard drive).