How to put discord call on speaker? If you want to find like-minded people and chat with them, then Discord should be your go-to platform. Discord has come a long way since it launched in 2015.
Once considered only a chatting platform for gamers has now grown with hundreds of thousands of communities in various niches. The platform allows users to communicate with people via voice, video, or text chats.
If you are new to this subject and you cannot map out how to put Discord call on speaker, then we have solutions for you.
How to Put Discord Call on Speaker
On 22 January 2022, many users are reporting that the speaker button on mobile has been removed. It seems to be a bug because discord has replied that the Speaker Mode is still available on mobile and if you are running into issues, we would fill you in on how to put discord call on speaker.
Apart from the Speaker button, there’s also a mobile screen sharing option with which you can share your screen directly from your phone, wherever you are! It is present in the same pop-up as the Speaker button and indicated by the icon that has a Mobile with an arrow popping out of it. You can stop sharing by tapping on the Stop Sharing button directly or by pressing the Stop Streaming button in your notification panel.
Apart from this, there’s also a Mobile Voice overlay option where you can see who’s talking and access shortcuts while using other apps. You don’t need to switch back to Discord again which is pretty helpful! All you have to do is head to User Settings > Voice & Video and find the Overlay section. Here, toggle the Enable Mobile Voice Overlay option on and that’s pretty much everything you have to do.
Read also: How To Lock Role On Discord
How To Put Discord call on Speaker on PC?
You can change the speaker/output device settings on Discord. When you adjust this output setting, you can play any audio however you like, on speaker or headphones.
To do that, follow these steps:
- Open Discord on your PC.
- Click on the settings icon next to your name at the bottom left.
- Select the “Voice & Video” option under the “App Settings” header.
- Under the “Output Device,” select the speaker you want to use.
- You can also change the output device volume by dragging the “Output Volume” control.
Your above settings will be automatically saved.
Tap “ESC“ to go back to the main screen. Now, whenever you go to any voice channel or make any video/voice call to any friend, it will run on speaker on your computer.
How To Put Discord call on Speaker on Mobile Device?
First, let’s look at the output device settings and the available options:
- Launch the Discord app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the hamburger icon in the top left corner.
- Press your profile icon in the bottom right corner.
- Select “Voice” under the “App Settings” tab
Here, you can see no option to change your output device. You can, however, change the output device volume.
So now the question is, how to turn on the speaker on your mobile devices for any voice channel or voice or video call?
How to Put Discord call on Speaker on iPhone & Android
This is how to put Discord on Speaker on mobile devices:
- Join a voice channel or even a private call.
- On the pop-up, click on the Speaker icon to select Audio Output
- Change it to Speaker.
- Now you will be able to hear whatever others are saying through your mobile phone’s speakers, hands-free.